Risk assessment is an essential first step in the prevention of occupational accidents and work-related health problems. To make this process easier, EU-OSHA developed OiRA — an Online Interactive Risk Assessment, which has been already in use since 2010. OiRA provides easy-to-use tools to guide micro and small organisations through the risk assessment process.
On 20 September, the Bulgarian Ministry of Labour and Social Policy and the Podkrepa Labour Confederation are organising a regional event raising awareness of the risks of musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs), with a particular focus on how OiRA tools can be used to prevent MSDs. The general presentation of OiRA is followed by a practical lesson during which participants prepare risk assessments using OiRA tools.
The event is taking place in Bansko and it is aimed at trade union members, local government officials, as well as employees from organisations and public institutions in the occupational safety and health field.
- Kiril Binev, Chief Expert at the Podkrepa Labour Confederation
- Alexander Zagorov, Confederate Secretary at the Podkrepa Labour Confederation
- Juliana Ilieva, psychologist
- Penka Mitreva, GIT Executive Agency Department
- Violeta Dobreva, Director of the Working Conditions Fund – MLSP
- Dr. Vlaiko Vodenicharov, Assistant Professor at the Medical University – Sofia
Contact person: Darina KONOVA, firstname.lastname@example.org